Wednesday, November 01, 2006

traditions


traditions
Originally uploaded by TomOwen.

The Costumes are a little different, but the memories are the same...My brother and I used to Tirck-or-Treat this house when we were kids in the neighborhood. I mentioned this to the man of the house while we were there and he was a bit taken by surprise. "Really!?.. That's great... So how'd you grow up to be so big? ;-) " It was a pleasent exchange and he seemed touched that a second generation of Costume clad trick-or-treaters were continuing the tradition. While standing in his entry I began to tell my girls a little about who this gentleman was, he said "na na na... It's not about me, it's about Halloween for the kids ;-)" He's right, it was my mistake, he was just a "neighbor" that night as he had been long before I ran up his driveway beginning about 35 years ago...

No comments: