Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The line between Southwest Airlines and the "Major US Carriers" continues to get thinner and thinner

As SWA had perfected the "cattle call" with roped off sections of A B
and C while United and the others scoffed at them (and their
efficiency, not to mention the on-time record or profitability ) and
boasted the customer service benefits of assiged seating, etc..

Now SWA is wanting to get more cozy with the "business traveler"('s
expense account) they have introduced a modification to the ol'A B C

The line is thinner.

The more I fly UAL the more I miss the friendly service of SWA. They
set expectations well and met them. UAL claims to be top shelf yet
offers some of the most surely "tenured" flight attendants in the sky.

Editors note: I was moved to an earlier flight because mine was
canceled. Then given a center seat in economy plus. I opted for an
aisle a few rows back in economy, just one row behind two flight
attendants dead heading bck to Chicago... In the Exit Row. Insult,
meet injury.

No comments: